In connection with the recognition by the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Russian Federation on January 23, 2023 of The Andrei Sakharov Foundation (USA) as an undesirable organization in Russia, our Fund would like to clarify the following:
• The Andrei Sakharov Science Endowment Fund is a non-profit charitable organization established in 2021 to perpetuate the intellectual and scientific heritage of A.D. Sakharov – the outstanding physicist and Nobel Prize winner
• The Andrei Sakharov Science Endowment Fund has nothing to do with The Andrei Sakharov Foundation (USA), as was incorrectly announced by a number of media
• The Andrei Sakharov Science Endowment Fund does not conduct any political activity either in Russia or anywhere else
• In accordance with its Charter, the objectives of The Andrei Sakharov Science Endowment Fund are “the formation, replenishment of endowment capital and the use of proceeds from endowment capital in the field of science and education to promote the development of physics and mathematical sciences”
• The activities of The Andrei Sakharov Science Endowment Fund are strictly regulated by the Federal Law “On the procedure for the formation and use of endowment capital of non-profit organizations” dated December 30, 2006 N 275-FZ
• The Andrei Sakharov Science Endowment Fund is not subject to any claims by the authorities of the Russian Federation and will continue its activities in the usual manner in strict accordance with existing legislation.