Our Board of Trustees held a vote on six candidates submitted by the Physics Department of MSU for The Andrei Sakharov Scholarships.
The Trustees noted that all the candidates presented had an extremely high level of academic and scientific achievements.
The following four scholars were elected by vote:
- Roman V. ZAKHAROV (2nd year PhD student, Department of Atomic Physics, Plasma Physics and Microelectronics)
- Alexey S. KOMLEV (2nd year MSc student, Department of Magnetism)
- Irina V. MALYSHEVA (2nd year MSc student, Department of Quantum Electronics)
- Irina A. NIKOLAEVA (1st year PhD student, Department of General Physics and Wave Processes)
The following two candidates became the finalists of the competition (without scholarships):
- Mikhail M. AVDEEV (2nd year MSc student, Department of Polymer Physics and Crystals)
- Olga E. SARMANOVA (3rd year PhD student, Department of Quantum Electronics)
We congratulate all the scholars and the finalists and wish them further successes in their studies and scientific careers.